Good evening from Maine where we had a fun day outside despite the clouds and rain. My mother came to visit and my daughters enjoyed showing her all of the fun things in our yard including wild raspberries and blueberries, our garden vegetables, and their little backyard clubhouse. Getting an ice cream treat was also a highlight of the visit. I hope that you also had a fun start to your weekend.
This week I hosted the second session of the Practical Ed Tech Virtual Summer Camp. I'll be hosting one more session in August. You can register for the August session right here.These were the week's most popular posts:
1. 21 Google Docs Features You Should Know How to Use
2. Getting Started With Google Drive and Google Docs - Everything You Need to Know
3. Getting Started With Google Slides - The Basics and More
4. What Strava Taught Me About Using Digital Badges in School
5. Whimsical - A Good Tool for Collaborative Diagram Creation
6. Add PhET Simulations to Your PowerPoint Slides
7. 700 Space Math Problems
On-demand Professional Development
This post originally appeared on FreeTech4Teachers.com. If you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission. Sites that steal my (Richard Byrne's) work include CloudComputin and WayBetterSite. Featured image captured by Richard Byrne.
Other Places to Follow Me:
- The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening/ Monday morning. It features my favorite tip of the week and the week's most popular posts from Free Technology for Teachers.
- My YouTube channel has more than 36,000 subscribers watching my short tutorial videos on a wide array of educational technology tools.
- I've been Tweeting as @rmbyrne for fourteen years.
- The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week.
- And if you're curious about my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.